Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Closer to a buy signal, Dec 22 Close data

.
From my perspective, yesterday was a healthy day.  I think we're seeing the start of the Santa Claus rally:


Click on the image to enlarge.

The Cumulative Tick chart above shows that buying kicked in yesterday.  This is only Day One, but it is constructive.  The middle plot, which shows algorithmic, sustained buying, was fairly steady all day.  The big boyz are taking year-end positions.

On the bottom plot the instantaneous (white) cumulative tick is above the moving averages and is pulling all of them upward.  Although we certainly can fail at this point, this too is constructive and is a necessary indicator for me.

I'm going through my watch lists.

Click on the image to enlarge.

My other primary indicator is the LCR table above.  We see green on the left side, and lots of green on the right side, so the right-side acceleration is starting to cause the left side to turn positive.  This too is a necessary conditions for the markets to improve.

As you can see though, the indicator can show that the market is prone to failure right here.  I am looking for continued buying, which will drive the 5d and 8d slope of the LCR EMAs (left side of the table) to turn positive (green).  This will indicate that the tide is starting to flow back in, lifting all boats, and triggering me to buy.

Again, get your shopping lists ready.

Shopping Lists

We are in prime shopping territory.  I have my lists ready, and they are comprised of quality stocks.  Some lists are better than others.

To view the lists (and individual stocks), you need to be a member of my Dropbox.  Send an email to pduncan [ a t} v _ t (dot] e du, fixing the address of course, with the word "DROPBOX" in the subject and I'll add your email.  I attended Virginia Tech many moons ago and it is my alumni address, so it should be easy to see how to fix the address -- simply use "vt.edu".  I also ask that you subscribe to this list using the link to the left, as it's the only way I can communicate with Dropbox users.

Subscribe to my twitter feed if you want intra-day observations:  grems8544

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's how to find me:

Stocktwits/Twitter:  grems8544

Greenfield Dividends: https://www.collective2.com/details/94780986
Greenfield Leaders: https://www.collective2.com/details/94921209
Greenfield Low Beta:  https://www.collective2.com/details/95702992

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As with all my ramblings, you are responsible for your own investment decisions and I am not.  Please do your own diligence, and please take ownership for your actions.

Regards,

pgd