Thursday, July 7, 2016

New Short-Term Buy Signal

.
If you are on the blog page in a browser, please subscribe to this using the "Follow by Email" link to the left.  Having your email helps me to notify you when Google mucks up email distribution, as they did at the beginning of May.

~~~~~~~~~~

Market Overview - New Short-Term Buy Signal

Long-Term Timer:  Long, finished the day stronger
Intermediate-Term Timer: Cash
Short-Term Timer: Cash

~~~~~~~~~~

Long-Cash Ratio Table

We have a transition in the LCR Table:

Click on the image to enlarge.

While not overly "strong", a transition is a transition and I'm taking the signal.  The right side of the table looks relatively strong off the bottom, but clearly, Tuesday's action was volatile and weak and it detracts from the upward movement.

This being said, the transition indicated on the left side of the table is clear and is a confirmed short-term entry signal.

Strategy

Standard rules apply:

  1. Buy strength; do not buy weakness.  I buy stocks that are moving higher, not lower.  You do whatever you want but this method works best for me over the longer haul.  Please do not write me to tell me the method leaves money on the table -- I does not and I'll challenge you to prove otherwise.  Come prepared if you engage me on this because I have years of data to prove otherwise.
  2. Buy stocks above their 21d exponential moving average.  No exceptions, since dropping below the 21d EMA for 2 consecutive days will trigger a sell signal.
  3. Buy stocks that are in an uptrend on the monthly, weekly, and daily time frames.  While some exceptions are allowed, the exceptions do not apply this early in a short-term signal.
  4. Buy stocks that are rated "Buy" or "New Long" or "Affirmed Long" using my GGT measurement criteria.  Free of charge to subscribe, but you need to request access.  See below.
  5. Buy stocks that have rising revenues and earnings, measured on multiple time frames.  These are my "Greenfield" stocks and I provide the listings in my Dropbox folder that I share.
Dropbox lists are updated as of 9:00 a/ET, July 7.

From a money management perspective, I am targeting 100% invested in the Greenfield Dividend portfolio.  However, there are not enough stocks in the list to get me to that point.

For the Greenfield Leaders portfolio, I am targeting 65% or so invested.  There may be enough stocks on the list today if we have a good day.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stock updates are posted in a daily file that I attempt to share by the following morning with all subscribers. To review the stocks that you are holding and see how I evaluate them, you need to be a member of my Dropbox.  Send an email to GreekGodTrading [ a t ] gmail {d o t] com, making the appropriate changes to the email address, with the word "DROPBOX" in the subject and I'll add your email.  I also ask that you subscribe to this list using the link to the left (if you are on the blog), as it's the only way I can communicate with Dropbox users, if the need arises.

Here's how to find me:

InvestFeed/Twitter:  grems8544

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As with all my ramblings, you are responsible for your own investment decisions and I am not.  Please do your own diligence, and please take ownership for your actions.  The stocks I have listed here (if I have listed any) are not recommendations -- they are seeds for you to do your own research.

Regards,

pgd