If you are on the blog page in a browser, please subscribe to this using the "Follow by Email" link to the left. Having your email helps me to notify you when Google mucks up email distribution, as they did at the beginning of May.
Market Overview - New Short-Term Buy Signal
Long-Term Timer: Long, finished the day stronger
Intermediate-Term Timer: Cash
Short-Term Timer: Cash
Long-Cash Ratio Table
We have a transition in the LCR Table:
While not overly "strong", a transition is a transition and I'm taking the signal. The right side of the table looks relatively strong off the bottom, but clearly, Tuesday's action was volatile and weak and it detracts from the upward movement.
This being said, the transition indicated on the left side of the table is clear and is a confirmed short-term entry signal.
Standard rules apply:
- Buy strength; do not buy weakness. I buy stocks that are moving higher, not lower. You do whatever you want but this method works best for me over the longer haul. Please do not write me to tell me the method leaves money on the table -- I does not and I'll challenge you to prove otherwise. Come prepared if you engage me on this because I have years of data to prove otherwise.
- Buy stocks above their 21d exponential moving average. No exceptions, since dropping below the 21d EMA for 2 consecutive days will trigger a sell signal.
- Buy stocks that are in an uptrend on the monthly, weekly, and daily time frames. While some exceptions are allowed, the exceptions do not apply this early in a short-term signal.
- Buy stocks that are rated "Buy" or "New Long" or "Affirmed Long" using my GGT measurement criteria. Free of charge to subscribe, but you need to request access. See below.
- Buy stocks that have rising revenues and earnings, measured on multiple time frames. These are my "Greenfield" stocks and I provide the listings in my Dropbox folder that I share.