- I conducted a seminar yesterday for High Growth Stock Investing; the video can be found here. In the video I present evidence of why the markets are rolling over and why we should not initiate new long positions.
- The Elder Intermediate-Termed Force Index Timer, when applied to the GGT universe of stocks, is 0.1% above the sell line using a simple moving average (SMA) method. The exponential moving average (EMA) method has already been in CASH since close of business Monday. If today's action is negative (futures are down -0.25% as I write this), we will have a confirmed sell of the long portfolio.
- Effective Volume (EV) Money Flow (MF), which can be found here if you are a subscriber, is confirming a move to cash as of the close of April 11th (Monday), and if today's behavior is down, will move to a SHORT mode.
- When the VIX closes above the ribbon for the first time after having been long in the markets, ensure long positions are CLOSED. We're not there yet.
- When the VIX closes below the ribbon for the first time after having been short in the makets, ensure that short positions are CLOSED. Again, not applicable to our situation.
- The color of the candles influences my decisions. A transition from a blue candle to a green candle typically will cause me to place trial entries in contra ETFs. A transition from a blue candle to a red candle will cause me to lock in some profits, but keep the position open.