Please "Subscribe" using the tools at the left so that you get automatic notification, via Google Desktop, Google Reader, or your selected subscribe method. I've been getting a number of notes from folks asking how they can get notified of updates and this is the easiest way.
There is NO face-to-face meeting in March; I'm obligated with family-centric things on our normal weekend. I will be conducting a WebEx sometime during the month, so stay tuned.
- There are no changes to the GGT-TSP portfolio. Stay the course.
- The Elder Market Capitalization Favoritism (EMCF) Portfolio will sell QCOM at a 8.8% gain today because it has failed the Elder FI(13) tests as of the close of markets on 3/2.
- Our Price Change tool is sitting at +14, the highest reading possible, and is telling us that purchasing stocks today is doing so in a high risk/low return environment. The time to purchase stocks was yesterday, when the tool indicated a value of -14. There really is little exception to this, so if you play today, ensure you have strong momentum behind you to boost your 1-day gains.
- The GGT Short-Term LCR Change timer transitioned to CASH with the close of markets yesterday.
- The Elder 13d Force Index timer is giving a MIXED (neither CASH nor LONG) reading. This results because of a mismatch between using different calculation methods to arrive at the same result -- when they do not match, we need to pay attention.
- The Long-Cash Ratio (LCR) FELL yesterday, indicating that the database is not participating in this expansion. It is not a good idea to purchase stocks when the LCR is falling, period.
- The strongest GGT industries that are appreciating in STRENGTH (not necessarily price) are:
Enrg-O&G Drilling (15 stocks in group)
Enrg-O&G Services (26)
Enrg-O&G Refining (21)
Enrg-O&G Equip (16)
Retail-Major Chains (6)
To determine which stocks are in each group, log in to the GGT Yahoo! site and download the most recent "ALL" files (presently February 28th upload), and go to the "By Industry" group page. Note that the industry group above corresponds to what is provided in Quotes Plus / HGSI.
- I note with interest that as of the close of Wednesday's market, Precious Metals, as determined by $DJGSP, has confirmed a LONG trend on the weekly chart. Gold, Silver have already confirmed a few weeks ago, and Palladium is about to confirm.
- I note with interest that as of the close of Wendesday's market, the Financials, as measured by a couple of ETFs, most notably FAS (the 3x Direxion ETF), has confirmed a downtrend. Pay heed.
- Yellow: unchanged from the previous week
- Bright Green: moved up in relative ranking compared to last week
- Red: fell in relative ranking compared to last week
- white: new addition to the top 25 list compared to last week (not in last week's top 100)
- dark green: was in the prior week's top 100 and transitioned up into the top 25.
- DAG: +7.56%
- IEZ: +0.91%
- IVE: already sold
- IYE: already sold
- MVV: already sold
- RJA: +4.88%
- UYM: already sold