Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Outstanding Day, Tuesday, Oct 28 Close

.
Overview:  Markets had a notable up day.  Operating on a 75% equity position target.

Timer Status:

Short-term timer:  LONG
Intermediate-term timer:  LONG
Long-term timer:  CASH
Long-Cash Ratio:  Jumped +51% to 1.002 -- the database is at parity (equal number of stocks that are rated "LONG" and those that are rated "CASH".  There are 3029 stocks being tracked right now.

Slope Table:


All measured time frames now have a slope value that is positive.

We have a sea of green on the right, which is the slope of the slope.

This is a bullish table any way you take it.

Cumulative Tick:


Everything here looks solid.  From the top, Green over red means that more stocks are making 52-week highs on the NYSE than are making 52-week lows.  This is a requirement for me.

The middle plot is an algorithm buying/selling detector.  You can see that this afternoon was incredibly strong and that stocks were being bought and bid upwards at the end of every tick.  This chart advances upward when the number of ticks/minute exceeds 500/min to the advancing bid, so there was much strong buying going on this afternoon.

The bottom plot shows that we are in a steady uptrend in buying on all measured time frames.


This set of charts simply shows buying across the board on the S&P500, Russell 2000, and the NASDAQ.

Today was a solid day, and the 38th strongest day since September 2008 in terms of underlying market buying.

Strategy:

I'm at 50% equity right now.  I've not been too aggressive in getting into the market, and as a result, I missed 33% of the rise today (since my equity target is 75%).  I have a number of holdings and will add to them:

+


My gains to date are about +4% of my invested amount.  I've had no major losses yet on this new upward cycle.

My buy list is taken from my Greenfield Leaders list:


I also am watching today's breakouts:


Folks who choose to can get the breakouts, for a limited time, as they happen via their cell phone or email.  Send me a note if interested.

I plan on to keep buying until I hit 75% capital deployed.  It's a considerable amount of work, as I'm not using one simple portfolio.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standard disclaimers apply.  You are responsible for your investment actions, and I am not.

Regards,

pgd